Specialized Assessments

Once an assessment has been completed by a mental health clinician, recommendations for psychological and/or psychiatric assessment may be required.

Photo of a door with a sign saying in sessionAll referrals for specialized assessment will be reviewed during clinical supervision and may include consultation with a psychiatrist or psychologist. You may be asked to participate with a formal assessment with either the psychologist or psychiatrist. Consulting Psychiatrists are not employees of Intersect, they are contracted professionals. A psychiatrist is the only person with our agency who can or may, prescribe medication; this will be discussed with you by the psychiatrist if necessary.

Intersect does not store, administer or prescribe medications at any time. As these services are limited, they will only be available to Intersect Youth and Family Service’s clients. These assessments are generally done on-site although off-site assessments may also be facilitated.