Intersect offers a number of therapeutic groups throughout the year that are open for all community members to attend.
Community members are encouraged and welcome to attend the following therapeutic group sessions. These group sessions are designed to help support children, youth and their caregivers, addressing various issues or concerns. New groups are often being offered so please stay connected to us, your counsellor and this page for updates.
Parenting Gender Diverse Youth
A monthly virtual gathering focused on supporting our gender diverse children and youth, as well as ourselves. Open to parents and caregivers across BC and the Yukon. .
For more information and to register, please check the webpage at Parenting Gender Diverse Youth — Inclusive Connection Martial Arts and Counselling Ltd. or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parenting Through Strong Emotions (PTSE)
- Are your child/youth’s emotions out of control, too intense, sensitive, or explosive?
- Do you struggle with behavioral problems at home or school?
- Perhaps you’d just like to know more about supporting your child/youth with their strong emotions?
Then you will benefit from our Parenting Through Strong Emotions 4-part series for parents & caregivers! You do not have to be a client of Intersect to attend, any caregiver in the community is welcome just join us on the zoom link provided below. Please view our poster for start dates.
- WHEN? Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm
- WHERE? Downstairs at Intersect, 1294 Third Avenue
- HOW? Just come on down for the first session, no need to register prior.
Please click the session number below.
SESSION #1 – What’s going on with my kid?
MUST ATTEND SESSION #1 PRIOR TO OTHER SESSIONS
SESSION #2 – What is emotion coaching?
SESSION #3 – What’s getting in our way?
SESSION #4 – What about behavior?
Your donations have a direct impact on the youth, children and families of northern BC.
Learn more about how you can help or make a donation.