Some emergency situations arise when a child or youth is threatening to hurt themselves or someone else.
Intersect staff may do an immediate risk assessment in appropriate circumstances. Attention to ensure safety will be reviewed and some short -term follow-up may occur. In some cases, the client will be referred to another program within Intersect or referred to other community programs.
Safety planning will:
identify and recognize clients current coping skills,
- identify and recognize clients triggers to unsafe behaviour and
- recognize identifiable warning signs
- include community members when appropriate
- be developed collaboratively with our clients
- recognize our clients preferred intervention for both personal and public safety
Safety Plans will be regularly be reviewed with our clients and in Clinical Supervision.
There are several local and provincial resources you can reach out to if you are in crisis. For a list of resources please visit our Resources page.